Sunday, October 12, 2008

Scraps from the kitchen table

For those of you who are new to the Global Road, "Scraps..." is the random thoughts, experiences, observations, keen insights (ha)- all usually unrelated to each other - that get chucked in to this blog every so often. Like the leftovers thrown off the table to our genius beagle. So tasty and bite size.

We were asked for input on our conference room at our headquarters, in order to make some improvements. Here was mine:

I like it that the table is so long, if I sit on an end, I can’t hear people on the other end. This allows me to do something else and not feel like its my fault, and I’m not multi-tasking then. This is why I’m disappointed if someone saves me a seat in the middle. Stop doing this. It is irritating me.

I have a feeling I will only get middle of the table seats from now on. A sort of meeting purgatory!

After getting home from our recent trip to Portland, I watched football off and on all day yesterday. My good friend Eric in Indiana is a Texas fan. He was doing something with his family and unable to watch his Longhorn's in the Red River Shootout. I knew this was hard for him, so I texted him updates throughout the day. He especially liked it when Texas won. I was glad I could be of help to him during family time.

I watched Mizzou get upset by Oklahoma State. This was disappointinng, but I was happy for my friend Dave Robinson, since his nephew is the QB for OSU. Dave was one of the founders of WSN, and worked with CCC in Eastern Europe for about 15 or 20 years, but is now a pastor in KC, Missouri. I was happy he got to see his nephew play so well. Sorry Mizzou fans, you were going up against Robinson mojo.

Today is a slow day on ESPN and FOX Sports Network. I flipped through the channels this afternoon, and saw in succession: Kids playing for the championship of Scrabble, Europe vs. US in Trickshot Pool, and Championship Darts. Sports?

I am very excited about what God is doing in Moscow CityFocus. I think you'll be encouraged. Check out the link for the story of Yana and Kristina at Humanitarian University.

Also got a few reports in the last week of 50 students at a retreat in an Asian country, trusting God for almost 600 decisions for Christ this year in their region of the country. This is awesome stuff. God is working all over the world.

Time to go, there may be professional hula hooping or marbles on TV now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your observation regarding long tables in meetings is priceless! I'm still laughing!

Global Road said...

My long table comment seems to have struck a chord among many on the global road. It apparently takes a lot of meetings to fulfill the Great Commission.