Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rocky on Election Night

Ever since the last presidential debate, I've been thinking of this election in terms of Rocky. And then just now, I turn on the TV looking for something besides election results, and there it is, Rocky 2. A serendipitous moment if ever there was one.
There is Barack "Apollo Creed" Obama, young, slick, polished, the heavy favorite. And his adversary is John "Mickey" McCain. I know, your thinking; Keith, that should be John "Rocky" McCain. The biggest comeback kid since Truman, and the foreshadowing of Bill Clinton."
But no, I mean Mickey Goldmill, Rocky's trainer. The crusty old boxing trainer for Rocky. Its felt like old Mickey has been doing the boxing for the past 2 months against this quicker, younger opponent, just trying to land a punch, with Sarah "Adrien" Palin watching and cheering him on. Go, Mick, hit him.

I don't know how this fight will turn out, but I'm guessing it might look something like this -


I don't know, it's just the way I think it will end tonight.
Notice Sarah P in blue.

I know, many of you young people haven't enjoyed Rocky, in light of the series debut in 1976, but the last sequel was only last year wasn't it?

1 comment:

Matt said...

that was a miserable minute of stallone crying like a baby. i cracked up when i saw 'palin' haha