Tuesday, March 17, 2009

40 Days and 40 Nights...

Yes, it has been that long since I've been on the Global Road. There was not master plan for this, like Jesus' 40 days/nights in the wilderness, or the 40 days of rain that pummeled Noah and his family in the ark. I just ran out of the time and energy; but I am back again, and will bring you up to speed on all the provocative stuff I've been doing.
I'll start with the most recent, 48 hours in Sarasota on the beach with Kim. We usually like to head to Longboat Key, but this time went to Siesta Key, and the beach there is so much better than Longboat. We enjoyed 2 perfect days of weather on the beach, with lots of reading, sleeping, walking, and talking. No real swimming though it was perfect for jumping in to cool off.
Below is a pictorial review of what you've missed while I've been blog-less. I start from the most recent and go back to my trip to Turkey in mid February.

On the way out of town today we visited the Selby Gardens in Sarasota. If you are in that area and you like gardens, you should take time to visit it. This is an awesome tree that I've never heard of before, and I wish I had written down the name. It's all about the root system. It looks like its moving. There were great views of Sarasota Bay, large trees with the canopy to walk through, banyan trees, this incredible tree in the middle, and dart frogs that looked like they were ceramics painted by an elementary school kid. A nice ending before heading home and working on the blog during American Idol.

2 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

Did Kim see an Alligator? I am waiting to hear that she has seen one in the wild.

Global Road said...

No. Her string is much longer than my incredible coffee run that I had, and maybe just as unlikely. She thinks the gators in Florida is a hoax.