Thursday, January 21, 2010

Australia Student Life Conference!

We arrived in Brisbane late Sunday night to speak this week, after a trip that included 31 hours of plane time, sitting across from a 6 fingered man, and a family with a 2 year old 3 rows up that was a little terrorist with the tantrums she threw, thus holding all of economy class hostage .
We had a stopover in Perth (we took the longer cheaper route) and it was 108 degrees. The next day in Brisbane also set records. So, yes its been hot. We are on the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane, with all the missionaries of Student Life at their annual Nexus Conference.
Kim and I have been sharing from Hebrews 11; especially the lives of Abraham and Moses. It's been a blast for us, and we are encouraged to be with them. They are trusting God for great things in their country.
We were learning cultural trivia tonight, most of which I don't recall just an hour later. I also had some Vegamite for breakfast this morning. For breakfast tomorrow I am hoping for either baked beans or spaghetti on toast. I now say "no worries" when someone says "Thank you" to me.
Pictures on the way soon.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

No comments: