Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'm 50 today!

Yes, it's that day. I just went from being almost 50, to 50. It's amazing how that happens. You wake up one morning and your 50. Unless you're say, 57, and that will never happen to you, so don't worry. You can't wake up younger, darn it.

I was with several of my CCC teammates last night at Jellyroll's on the DIsney Boardwalk. It's a place you sing along, with two guys at the pianos up front. My "friends" mentioned it was my 50th - which technically it wasn't, today is - and so before you knew it I was up front of everyone, talking and doing some sort of dance like thing to an Elvis hit. The loyal and ever true wife managed to capture some of video. It may show up here soon.

Kim and I are staying at our national team retreat with Sam and Chery Osterloh, friends for 30 years since our college days. Sam just showed up with birthday breakfast of bagels, donuts, and fresh oj. And a Sponge Bob Square Pants Birthday Balloon. WooHoo. We are having fun in Orlando.

I don't mind being 50, in case you are wondering. This morning I was reminded of the faithfulness of God in my life. A great family to be raised in, parents who loved me and gave me all they could, 3 older brothers who let me do sports with them as much as I had any right to expect and a lot more, a great wife who has fully embraced a life of - well, let's just say there is a lot of flexibility required to live with my adventurous side. And 2 kids that are so cool and fun that its hard to imagine how I could be anymore blessed. So, in all, I'm one very grateful-to-God 50 year old this morning. Amen.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday, Keith!

Andy McCullough said...

I knew it was your birthday (thank you outlook reminder - whew!) but didn't know it was 5-0. Awesome man you don't look a day over 48.

Matt Mikalatos said...

Here's to 50 more.

Robert Bush said...

Keith, Happy Birthday! You're a great man and leader.

Christian said...

Happy belated birthday bro!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am Eliza from Singapore CCC!