Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Just in time for the Holidays

I went to Rome. Mark Brown from Miami of Ohio was there too. And many others. We saw many famous buildings and places. And famous people, like this person enveloped in gold fabric of some sort, on a little podium, looking like a Pharaoh or something. It moved when you gave it some change. It was out of place, quirky, odd. If you look closely, we caught it moving its arms inside the little gold suit.

I know, I know. You've been on a forced "fast" from Global Road. Let's just say, November was full...unlike the Global Road. There was the father-in-law open heart surgery (he's recovering well), a CityFocus trip to Rome where there was so much to say (more about that later) and then, well the rest of life to manage. But here it is again, time to bring you cheer and hope during the Holiday season.

Another explanation: There was no internet connection in the hotel in Rome and I never walked by an interent cafe in the whole city. Our staff told me there was one a few blocks down from our hotel but for some reason I always ended up at an actual coffee shop before I got there. Oh yes, the coffee is good in Rome. And I drank lots of it. My hands are still shaking from the overdose. When you drink too much coffee and wake up with a pounding headache, what do you drink to snap out of it?

I should say that some of our staff had wireless in their apartments and did invite me over, but by then I was usually just done for the day. Anyway, the next few weeks will be insightful, biased, and colorful commentary on the topic of students and cities and what it means to reach them, including stuff about Rome. Along with all the coffee you can drink. Right here on the global road. All for free.

2 comments:

Andy McCullough said...

Amazing.. a 3 week blog break and yet the last two are both about coffee. But who I am to judge as I sit here drinking a cup of Starbucks Italian roast.

Wait a minute... Starbucks, Rome... was this some subliminal message Boss? Has Howard Schultz taken over your blog?

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.