Monday, January 28, 2008

Frankfurt wind tunnel

So I'm on my way to Spain for a conference with about 200 stinters from Europe and Asia. On the layover, I'm in the Lufthansa lounge when a large fan or motor kicks on in the celing above us. It sounds like a jet engine turning on. It gets louder and as it does, air in the room starts to move. Within seconds we have a pretty good wibd tunnel going...hair is blowing, papers are rustling, the blinds are moving, it is getting pretty windy, and just then they get on the loudspeaker: "please evacuate the lounge." I did, and didn't look back. I have no idea of the outcome. But I am on the south coast of Spain and doing just fine. Crisis averted.
I am going to a meeting in just a few minutes with our Western Europe leaders Javier and David. I'm posting this from my phone, and mostly excited to try it and see if it works.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

3 comments:

Andy McCullough said...

Posting on your blog from your phone from Espana?!? That's a major high-tech achievement.

Matt Mikalatos said...

When you race at the front of the pack you are bound to feel the wind.

I am one of those birds that flys at the back of the "V". :)

Global Road said...

I am one of those birds that ends up getting sucked in to a jet engine.