Sunday, June 10, 2007

Clearwater Beach Summer Project

Kim and I spent Friday evening with the 45 summer project students and staff at the Clearwater Beach Summer Project. We met Heather McHugh there, and she'll be leaving the project for a week and going to Korea with 4 of her friends from college. Notice the funny sign up in the corner about the swimming pool.

Though I shared stories of how God is working in students lives all over the world, Kim and I were mostly reminded of God's work in our lives as students on summer projects. Those few short weeks were life transforming for us. I went to Myrtle Beach after my freshmen year, Kim went to Hawaii after her junior year. She's pretty smart in her project locations choices, don't you think? Those summers were pivotal for us, and we're praying that this summer will be the same for thousands of students all over the world. "The will of God is always a bigger thing than I bargain for." - Jim Elliot.

No comments: