Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Isaiah 61: comfort to all who mourn

Right after posting my previous entry today, I opened up to the next place I was reading. Isaiah 61. "The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted...to comfort all who mourn."

This is, as we know, what Jesus said was His identity. His job description of sorts. He would do this, for us. We can pray this into the world of students today, knowing confidently He will do this. At Virginia Tech, in your family, at your campus, in whatever your "world" is today.

Today is "the favorable year of the Lord". He wants to place around us "a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning,..that He might be glorified."

No comments: