Monday, April 16, 2007

Tragedy at VT

We know so little still about the massive killing rampage at Virginia Tech just 12 hours ago. 33 students are dead. It reveals how desperately sick and twisted some have become. Oklahoma City. Columbine. 9/11. Virginia Tech. I think this will be another landmark event in the US. How, I'm not sure. What if it brought us all such a deep sense of remorse and sadness and grief that we fell before God and cried out for revival to sweep through our land? But what if we just end up numb? Can we be shocked anymore? We need a national revival.

On a note of something good out there...I lost my wallet today. I probably left it on top of the car. Wallets do not make good car ornaments, in case you ever try it. I didn't even know it was gone until Eddie found it, called our house and told me he had all the contents that he found by the side of the road. Except for the wallet and the emergency $50 I have stuffed in a side pocket. So, I got all my stuff back tonight, right before leaving for a trip to CA this week. Though I wonder if he kept the $50. Thanks Eddie for not charging all my credit cards.

No comments: