Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ya say ya want a revolution...

Changing the world is really hard work. I thought when I graduated from college it would be hard, I just didnt' know it would be this hard. In fact I thought it would be done by now. I remember talking with a friend and we both were totally convinced that Jesus would return before 2000. I'd have bet my gold '74 Chevy Malibu on it. What an idiot.

Just seeing one life change is hard. (Especially my own.) But seeing a life change, one person coming to Christ, becoming a true follower of Jesus, is a miracle. Now multiply that by thousands and millions so that homes and towns and cultures and societies and nations change. Wow. So, it's all miraculous, it's all hard work, but it just takes a lot longer to do something that includes the whole world. I just figured this out yesterday. Now I'm a genius. Consider yourself enlightened.

5 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

And you said you were too busy to blog!

There's always time for a genius like yourself to blog, never forget it!

Andy McCullough said...

I wonder if God thinks its hard?

Karen said...

Thanks for the enlightenment.

So, was the friend you mentioned Sam Osterloh?

Global Road said...

Andy: great question. My answer this morning: so hard it killed him. Unless a seed falls into the ground and dies...
Karen: It was Kevin Ray. Sam has always been much smarter than me and would never fall into the "predict Jesus return" trap. Kevin and I thought we had all the prophecies of the Bible about Israel all figured out and were sure the rapture was no later than 1990. I think we had eaten too many Doritos that night. And we were idiots.

Andy McCullough said...

See its with answers like this that you get the 'thinking blogger' award!