Thursday, March 8, 2007

blah, blah, blah

I've been reading Isaiah lately. So far I don't understand most of it without some notes in the margins by some smart people who really study hard for a long time. So, I'm reading chapter 28 today. God is fed up with some of His people in the region of Ephraim and Isaiah is calling them out. This won't be pretty.

But instead of responding to Isaiah's warnings, it turns out that the people mocked God's message with a babbling of some sort. If it happened today, it might well have been, "blah, blah, blah, same old, same old, blah, blah, blah." I'd like to think I'm different from people in 700 BC. And I am, except for when I'm not. Read a familiar passage, push on through without much thought. Same old, same old. Get on with the day.

On what I think is a totally unrelated issue and far more amusing, I saw that Michael Jackson had 300 guests pay $3500 each to spend 30 seconds with him. First, to be fair, it did include a nice buffet dinner. Second, if you would like to meet me for 30 seconds, I'd charge much less than that. Just let me know.

No comments: