Tuesday, March 27, 2007

CM2007: The global road starts at a youth hostel

Bexco is the gigantor convention center here in Busan where CM2007 will be held. I'm staying at a youth hostel-style hotel just down the street from it, for our Design Team meetings. I just arrived. I think it's Spring Break in Busan. High school kids are running up and down the halls screaming and yelling. It's like I traveled around the world and ended up 1 hour away at Daytona Beach, with jet lag.

Some thoughts while I was flying... The CM before 2007 stands for Campus Mission. It also means, “Completed Mission”. It’s seeing movements of students so that everyone knows someone who truly follows Jesus, on every campus in the world. Do you realize, when that happens, we will have fulfilled the Great Commission among the students of the world? 120 million strong and growing each year. While each student may not have heard the gospel, they will have that opportunity if there is an “alive” body of believers. (As opposed to the dead wood, sit on your hands, variety.) And as a bonus, radical leaders for the future of the Church will spring forth by the thousand, maybe millions.

Ultimately, this is why I’m “in” for CM2007. And the varieties of Kimchi, Korea’s staple at the top of the food pyramid. Hot and spicy. Mmm good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
found your blog through the CM2007 facebook group. my name's grace, i sat next to you at LA vision conference 2006, (part of the praise team)

i wanted to thank you and your wife for coming. i still remember your jokes from your message. it was great worshipping with you!

Christian said...

It's good to have u here Keith! You just walked in the room!

CM2007 is coming baby!

Karen said...

I thought that "CM" stands for "Creepy Mariachis;" I'd better go change my prayer letter before sending it to print.

Also...Busan or Pusan? I've seen both in official documents. I like transliteration from other alphabets; it means you can spell stuff however you want.