Monday, March 12, 2007

You never know what you'll find


Drew, one of the Stinters in Istanbul just sent me this. He was walking down Independence Street yesterday, and ran a cross a huge photo collection of 100 women from 100 different places around the world. It was in celebration of World Women's Day (March 8th, in case you missed it...pencil it in for next year.) There in the array of large photos was this one, taken in Sofia, Bulgaria. Notice she is holding a Bible and "Would you like to know God personally?" booklet.

So, I'll let him tell it in his own words..."I was looking at the pictures and saw this one and froze in my tracks. A sign? A prediction of things to come? Maybe, maybe not. But I think God was even simply reminding me that he is present and always ready to act in surprising new ways, never letting me pigeonhole him or predict what he'll do next."

That's a good word from Drew. And a perfect entree into talking about God's amazing work among the students of the world in the days ahead. Send your story to Keith.Bubalo@uscm.org.

No comments: