Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Yellow School Buses

I came up on a school bus at a railroad track the other day and the bus stopped. Why do buses stop at railroad tracks? Obviously so they don't get hit by a train, but cars don't stop at railroad crossings and they don't get hit (usually). So, can you really not see a train coming if you are driving a bus unless you stop? It seems there is more glass in a bus to look out of. Do you not hear the train unless you open the bus doors? It seems that school buses are the least sound proof of all vehicles I've ever been in. This is a reason I'd never get hired to drive a bus.

My brothers all have coached high school basketball teams and have spent most of their adult lives riding buses. I wonder how much time they've spent stopped, waiting for trains that never came. They definitely would not hire me to drive their buses. I think its good to scratch off jobs that aren't a good fit as soon as you can.

No comments: