Friday, March 9, 2007

Coffee with Steve in Orlando

I'm running out the door to see one of my best friends at my favorite coffee shop in Orlando. I met Steve about 8 years ago when I lived in Indianapolis, and we used to meet about every other week for coffee to gripe and complain and laugh at each other about our pathetic little lives. "We're in our 40's, we should have more of life figured out." Our journeys in work and life in general were very similar, though he was in real estate and I'm a missionary. We shared the experience of God prompting us to take big steps of faith to move to new locations in rather sudden, dramatic fashion. But he ended up in Dallas and I'm in Orlando. He's here on business, and even though we still talk all the time, it's cool to be face to face. I wonder what we'll laugh about today? Probably the fact that I'm blogging.

You must check out the recent blogs on US Stint leaders and Joe Cross in Mexico City. I think its their post from Wednesday, outstanding stories of God at work among the students of the world. The Stint story is actually about a team from Canada in Tanzania. Andy's bit on Isaiah is also cool. I will start getting help from him about Isaiah.

2 comments:

Andy McCullough said...

Not sure exactly how I could help you w/Isaiah, Mr. Get-Yourself-Up-On-a-High-Mountain. But would love to dive in with you and compare notes. Right now I am just focusing on passages that talk about 'glory'. Isaiah seems to have a lot of those.

Global Road said...

Okay, so I love chapter 40, 6, and the Suffering Servant passage, perhaps giving the illusion that I know more that I do.